Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Inner Peace

Ok, here's my new motto: "One day at a time, let it be, carpe diem, que sera sera..." I think you all get my drift. I don't do well living in a constant state of worry with the anticipation of sorrow or impending doom. I end up paralyzed in my favorite chair obsessively messing with the computer while slowly flipping between HGTV and Food Network, all the while slowly falling into a candy induced stupor. I have worried on 5 pounds this summer. I was supposed to reinvent myself this summer and lose weight. Although to be fair, that has been my goal every summer since the age of 13. Most people have new year's resolutions. I have new school year resolutions (or is it aspirations?).

Well, so far I seem to be keeping the worry at bay (is that the right bay?). I give a lot of credit to Doctor Who. Yes really. If you haven't watched it, what are you waiting for? Even my stick in the mud husband watches it. It's the only show he watches that isn't a sport or doesn't have people finding and pontificating upon their old junk.

Anyway, back to Doctor Who. The most recent episodes that we have watched have focused on a "fixed point in time." Ok, so if there are fixed points in time, my hoping, wishing, and worrying about them won't help. Right? So, I'm on a campaign of living in the moment. I don't know how long this will last, but I'll do my best!

No comments: