Monday, May 13, 2013

Topsy-Turvey

I am all over the place lately and I blame it solidly on the weather. Usually, I can count on the warm breezes and spring flowers to give me hope during the most stressful time in the educational year. Instead, I am freezing my buns off. My body doesn't know what to do. It is light out longer, but cold as heck. They're calling for frost tonight, in May! My flannel pjs groan every time I tug them out of storage. My body has gone into round 2 of hibernation. I am supposed to be gearing up for bathing suit weather. Everyone has the same tired line "We'll be wishing for this come August."

I am very stressed right now (what else is new), but have so much to be thankful for. I have my amazing girls, my sweet little niece, my wonderful husband, and the list goes on. My mom goes for another scan at the end of the month and we see were to go from there. At least she has a little more energy right now. Rob and I went to go see my favorite high school English teacher's band on Saturday night. As I tend to do while watching live music in dark theater, I ran my own little montage moment through my head. I have led a rather full life in a short period of time. The trick is; can I slow down and enjoy it?

No comments: