Thursday, April 18, 2013

Let's End With a Laugh

Such a crappy week. The hardest part is explaining it to Caroline. Anyway, let's end it with a few laughs:

1. I was listening to the radio and heard an ad for a new program to reverse hearing loss. I turned it up thinking "That would be nice; Rob and the kids are sick of me misunderstanding them and gee, I would love to be able to understand things again." It turns out the ad was for a new program to reverse HAIR loss. Cue drums! This is true. So basically,  my life is a bad vaudeville routine.

2. It is not advisable to have a dinner of Chai tea and two glasses of Moscato wine, even after spending two hours stuck in horrible traffic due to a terrible accident. It will lead to random dancing and your oldest child shouting "Help Dad! Mom is broken!" Of course said father is also suffering from his own hearing loss and missed the child's remark.


Now that you've laughed, let's hope/pray for a better week. The traffic today was caused by a man who stepped in front of a tractor trailer truck on 95. I can't imagine feeling that hopeless. That poor man and his poor family. I take back every swear I uttered while stuck. Life is too short to get hung up on little things like traffic. There are people in the world dealing with much bigger problems. Keep looking for the positive. Even if you have to poke fun at yourself.

No comments: