Monday, March 25, 2013

It's Spring Break and I am Freezing

This is the week of our spring break and it is snowing: in Northern Virginia!  There have been plenty of joke posts on FaceBook about groundhogs, and confused holidays, and being tired of the weather. This morning I decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth and used today as an excuse to wear my cute winter accessories. It was also yet another day to hide the lumps and bumps that haven't quite gone away yet under a sweater. I had big plans for spring break. We were going to be active and go on a hike. Well, the hike will have to wait until Thursday because the snow melted and we are now up to our knees in wet, marshy, mud.

I spent the first day cleaning, drinking tea, and watching HGTV. Caroline spent it at her friend's house and Lily spent it with a friend at our house. After her friend went home Lily declared this the "best spring break ever! So far we've seen Luke (my cousin in D.C.) and I went to a friend's house on Saturday to watch the Kid's Choice Awards and I had a friend over today and I got to go to Target and get a doll with my birthday gift card and we have friends coming over tomorrow and we are going to the movies on Wednesday and we are going hiking on Thursday and we are going to West VA this weekend!"

I can't really argue with that. It should be pretty good and pretty low key. I could use low key. I spent last week with a three day long headache. I tried not to make a big deal out of it. Of course, I turned it into a joke. At one point it was so bad that I was wearing my sunglasses while teaching. Of course that's when my principal came in. I later quipped to my teammates that "I looked like Cameron Diaz from Bad Teacher." In reality it was painful and frustrating. I still don't know what happened. I used to get awful headaches in college, and I finally chalked them up to stress.

So, I am going to spend the next week trying to be healthy inside and out. My best mommy friend is coming over with her girls tomorrow. Originally we were all going on the promised hike. Since the weather is too iffy we decided upon the relax portion of being healthy: wine and cheese while the kids play. Cheers!

P.S. I was looking back at last spring break's post and it was all about cleaning Lily's room. Guess who cleaned her room herself this weekend:)



No comments: