Friday, January 25, 2013

Normalcy

There has been a lot going on around and here and I have been really stressed, tired, and worried. The fact that things around here have been wackily normal has been comforting.

Take the other morning last week: I haven't been sleeping, so instead of getting up at 5:00, I slept in until 6:00. That put me a little off schedule, but not terribly so. I have to leave the house by 7:45, so I still had plenty of time to pack lunches, get the kids out of bed, do some dishes and laundry, let the dog out, and get dressed. The lunches were ready, the kitchen was clean, so I headed up stairs to get Lily out of bed and check on Caroline. She had a nasty cold and was staying. I gently woke her up and headed to the bathroom. As I passed the playroom, I heard the rabbit bang her food dish against the sides of her cage like a disgruntled prisoner. I went in to check on her and noticed that her water bottle and food dish were empty. Her litter box was full. I guess since she was sick, Caroline had forgotten to check on her. While I was getting the rabbit squared away, Buffy ran into our room and peed. By this time, I was really far behind. I rushed into the bathroom, threw on clothes, and rushed out the door. Of course, I was late for work. I wasn't very upset about it. Honestly, I needed the distraction. I guess I can always count on my family for that.


No comments: