Monday, January 14, 2013

Conversations Over Heard at My House

Let's try for a little levity!

The other night I went to the bathroom before Rob and I changed the sheets on the bed. What I saw in the bathroom is what I've been running into for the past 18 years: an empty toilet paper roll with a new roll of toilet paper resting on top of it. I, along with countless other women through the centuries, have tried desperately to teach my family to change the roll when it is empty. I am losing. Here is the conversation that followed:

Me: "How hard is it to change a roll of toilet paper?"
Rob: "Don't look at me. I never use that bathroom. This is all on the girls."
Me: "So the girls, before they were even conceived, were able to come into the bathroom at our first apartment and use all the toilet paper and not change the roll?"
Rob:"Yes."
Me: "So you are telling me that our children are Time Lords?"
Rob: "Yup."

Caroline walking through a dark room "Mom, can I......"
Lily jumps out of nowhere screaming "Boo!"
Caroline swears and then runs around screaming.
This happens weekly, sometimes multiple times a night. I am tempted to call her Scardyline. That's too cruel, though. It is however really freakin' funny. Trust me, she gives as good as she gets.

Either child: "Mom where is..."
Me: "Look for it!"
Either child: "Yeah but..."
Me: "Figure it out!"

I am working on a report for school playing Spider Solitaire. Suddenly, a furry white paw reaches around the laptop and shuts the screen.
Me: "What does this stupid dog have against technology?"
Rob: "Maybe she's the Unidogger. Feel free to put that one on your face book wall."

Dog steps on the remote and messes up the channels.
Rob: "I think she was trying to hit paws."

All just drops in the bucket, my friends:) If nothing else, at least I haven't forgotten how to laugh.

No comments: