Monday, August 23, 2010

What Fresh Hell Is This

The school year is starting up and so is the chaos. It all began after we got home from the shower. The dog was sick all over the house and I spent that night cleaning up poop. My gut told me that we weren't nearly over, so I decided to keep the Spot Bot (one of the best inventions!) out. The next morning I woke up to more poop, did some laundry took Lily to a play date and came home to help Rob paint. Painting went well and I was starting to think "Hey, this house might start to look OK." Oh how silly am I.

On Monday, I took Lily back to daycare and Caroline and I went to start setting up my classroom. I got quite a bit done and was starting to think "Hey, I might just be able to do this without running around like a crazy woman." Oh how foolish am I.

I took Caroline to the doctor to find out that what I thought was a callus was actually a planter's wart. At first I was relieved that she did not have a callus because of too small shoes and that it commonly happens to swimmers. Then I started to feel bad that we'd let it go so long.

I took her out to lunch, we ran a few errands. We picked up Lily and I headed home for a nice glass of iced tea. Can you guess what was waiting at home?


That's right dog poop and pee. Before I could even asked what happened, Callie tore out of the house and ran down the street. I just stood in the driveway and sputtered. We hopped in the car drove around the block. We found her standing in a neighbor's yard with her head cocked to the side as if to say "Do I know you?" I informed her that not only did she know me, she was going to find herself crated if she pulled another stunt like this again. Once we got home, everyone ran for the hills while I started cleaning the carpet again. After an hour of cleaning, I Lysoled every room and sat down with my tea. Rob got home and Lily lost her mind. She started running around and climbing all over him. He went upstairs to change and Lily continued to rev up. She raced through the dining room. All of the sudden Lily comes up to me and whispers "Mooommy?" a voice that says "I know your going to be pissed, but remember I'm cute and you love me?" I look up and see her socks covered in yellow paint. I run out to the dining room and see a crushed Tupperware of yellow wall paint. Paint is all over our dining room carpet. It isn't so bad because the carpet is already splattered with paint from past projects, but I still don't feel like cleaning up another mess. Rob put her in the tub and I started spraying the floor with heavy duty cleaner. The good news is the toxic smell of the cleaner overpowered the smell of poop. The bad news is the cleaner smelled toxic. I am proud of myself. I didn't yell "Who the hell left the paint out in the middle of the room? " When Rob complained about the smell I didn't snap at him. I calmly explained that I could smell it, I was on the floor with it and had already cleaned up one mess. He agreed and went up to wash the paint out of her hair (it wasn't a lot, just little yellow highlights). I finished the floor, washed the dishes, tried to hustle Lily into bed. She was so wired after being with her friends all day. Rob took over and I went downstairs to have my tea, light scented candles, and watch Project Runway. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

No comments: