Monday, December 21, 2009

Ready for My Solo

It has been rough going around here. My cold has morphed into a nasty sinus infection. I have tried medicaton, but nothing works. I went to an ENT and had a Cat scan done. Hopefully, he can figure out how to remove the blockage. I am pretty tired and overwhelmed. Add to that the storm of the century (we had 22 inches). I am slowly losing my holiday spirit. Which stinks because I live for Christmas and snow! I am not able to go out in the snow at all because the cold air causes my head to hurt 10 times more. Oh well, I just need to put on my big girl panties and deal with it (this expression makes my friend giggle everytime I say it becasue of the visual image).

I think this is why I like musicals. When faced with a daunting situation, the plucky heroine bursts into an uplifting song and dance with apporpriatlly placed props. I need to sing, but I can't move. The best that I can do is break each task into small parts and go from there. Today's job: wrap presents! Tomorrow: bake cookies!

No comments: