Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Avoid Infectious Disease

I am entering week three of this stupid sinus infection. I went back to the doctor today. He gave me another antibiotic and a steroid. The steroid came with the following warning: "This medicine may lower your ability to fight off infections. Avoid contact with people who have contagious diseases." I'll get right on that, right after I send the kids away and quit my teaching job (the only way to avoid disease).

Last night as I was getting ready for bed and taking more Tylenol for my headache, I started wondering if maybe this was more. Maybe I had a tumor. I could just picture myself lying in a brass bed surrounded by my best friends sharing tea and laughs as I bravely fought for my life. Ok, either I'm a drama queen or I've been reading too much Elizabeth Berg. My fantasy was shattered by Rob's best Arnold voice: "It's not a tuma."

Hopefully, I'll be back to myself soon, just in time for me to catch the next "infectious disease of the week."



Boys are Stupid
I couldn't resist adding this:
I took Caroline to drum lessons and came home to this scene: Rob asleep on the couch, Lily has cut an old workbook to shreds, dumped her crayons and colored pencils, glued paper to her hands, accidently drawn on the carpet, brought a bottle of honey to the den (but luckily didn't open it), and changed all of her dolls clothes. Rob swears he was only asleep for ten minutes. Either she's Speedy Gonzales or his time sense is off.
Caroline was telling me that she and her friend spent lunch trying to teach a boy how to double loop jelly bracelets (a trick that I taught her from the 80's). He just couldn't get it. I replied "oh well, boys are stupid." I was joking, but I also thought Rob would appreciate it since he wants her to stay away from all boys. He acted offended, then asked her to show him. He told her it made no sense. When she fell on the floor laughing, he asked her to quote statistics.
It feels good to laugh, even with a headache.

No comments: