Thursday, March 6, 2014

Nurturing My Soul

I am not a practicing Christian, so Lent really isn't a big deal for me. I do like the idea of giving up something to better yourself. I have read a few posts about Lent recently. I wrote about one yesterday. I am going to try her 15 minute organization challenge (check out Beth Woolsey, I am adding her to the long lists of mothers I'd like to meet some day). I am only going to do it on the weekends. The evenings around here lately are just way too jam packed.

I am going to try something else. Giving up gossip. I used to be pretty good about looking for and saying the best about everyone, but the more tired and stressed I get, the snarkier and nastier I get. At first it seems like fun, but after you are finished, do you ever wonder what the group says about you after you leave? Would you say those same things to some one's face? I always feel awful after a "bitch fest."

I need to set a better example for my girls. Now don't get me wrong, I will still be sarcastic and tease. I am not turning into Snow White over night. I am just going to follow my blog rules "Don't share stories that are not your own."

I have a feeling that this will help me feel a lot better about myself and others.

No comments: