Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm sitting in my green chair in my red polka dot pjs with my weepy eyed dog playing video solitaire. Sounds like a line from a poem or a bizarre country song, nope it's my reality. I had the sinus surgery on Tuesday and the recovery is a little more than I bargained for. I have two tubes up my nose for six days with all manner of science experiment type stuff draining out of them. I really wasn't counting on the discomfort and disgustingness of this. I somehow thought I'd be fine after two days and would be able to convalesce in the manner of a Victorian lady; lounge serenely while reading or working on projects. Nope, every four hours I get to shoot saline up my nose and clean the tubes. All I taste and smell is dried blood. I can't breathe through my nose, so I sit hear panting and puffing. When I'm not doing that I'm dozing off in front of the Sundance channel or during video solitaire. Makes for some trippy dreams, that's for sure. Luckily my family gets to leave and doesn't have to sit here and watch this.

Oh well, the tubes come out on Monday and it's back to the same old same old. For now, I'm just going to sit hear and recuperate with my poor Callie (she has pink eye). I can't complain, I have the insurance and luxury to opt for surgery to fix something people would have just had to live with years ago. I have the leave to take the time off to recover. And I live in a country where these things are available. Caroline and I have been watching the news about Hati and our hearts just break for them. Like I said, I have no room to complain. It's been two months of this and it is almost over. Most tough situations don't have that clear an end in sight.

PS I hope this makes sense, I forgot to mention that I am also on pain killers:)

PPS My brother requested an upbeat post after the last. Hope this counts:)

No comments: