Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oh To Be Old!

This weekend was my much anticipated 20 year reunion. After all of the waiting, it came and went in a blink. I had a wonderful time! My closest friends from school weren't able to make it, but I had such a nice time with all of the friends who were able to. It was so great to be able to hang out with each other without worrying about the silly things we used to (how we look, status etc.) We just cut loose and had fun. How wonderful the teen years would have been if we could have done this sooner. Honestly, everyone was just so nice (this was even before they started drinking).

I had spent so much time worrying about having gone "soft around the middle," but really it didn't matter. We were all a bunch of middle age people, softer, wrinklier, and some of us with a little less hair. This just seemed to even things out even more.

I believe Rob even had a good time. For some one who holds most people in disdain, he seemed to have spent a lot of time chatting and joking. He never had his senior picture taken and jokingly told the organizer (the most together and energetic person I've ever met) to use Mel Gibson's picture circa 1989. She did. Rob also danced his famous drunken chicken dance with me. Like I said, it was fun!

We toured the school on Friday night. The changes were amazing. It is so much bigger. Walking through there also brought up memories of clumsy events of year past, like the time I fell down the two flights of stair during morning rush. I went all the way down on my butt and luckily was only bruised. I guess mishaps have always followed me.

I can't wait until our 25th reunion.

No comments: