Tuesday, December 31, 2013

News Year's Reflections

Lily keeps asking us to write our New Year's Revolutions. Instead, I am writing my new New Year's Reflections. This has been a year of great joy (my niece Willa was born) and great lows. My little family has continued to grow.I am so proud of the girls' hard work. Despite pitfalls they continue to amaze me everyday.

We had a nice break. We took the girls and Cristhian to New York City for 2 days. They got see Times Square and some of Central Park. The rest of the time we just hung out around home. It was hard, but we are trying to start some new traditions without changing too many. I got to end my break by experiencing a new parenting "crappy milestone." Head lice! Thanks to Google and some realistic and comforting mom bloggers, I now know that it is not the end of the world and washing everything that Lily came in contact with was probably not necessary. I do believe that I have done more laundry over these past two days than I did during the norovirus epidemic of 2011. I attacked the problem with my usual combination of determination and education. My family is not as thrilled with my new found lice expertise. They call my methods aggravation. I did make up a fun "die, lice, die" for Lily's entertainment. I am also pretty sure that I might be one of the first mothers to vacuum the coach and spray the "anti lice spray" while yelling "die you little f!@#ers!" Then again, probably not.

I am not sure what is in store for us in the new year. All I know is that I can handle it. Hopefully, it will be a good one. No matter what, I am not wishing away a single moment. They are all precious and make up our lives, even the bad ones.

No comments: