Friday, November 15, 2013

Darkness

Oh fall, such a melancholy season. I think the reason that it is such a breathtakingly beautiful time of year is to hide the reality of how damn sad it is. Most nature based religions view this as a time of reflection for a reason. It amazes me how a season of death and ceasing can be so lovely. This year has been particularly stunning. Usually, I relish and thrive in the bittersweet moments. This year, I am choking and drowning. I am so very overwhelmed and so very sad. I am working out a plan. Mostly, I am faking it. My usual "fake it 'til you make it." approach just isn't working.

I am not quite sure of the next step. I'll figure it out. I am plodding through each day doing what needs to be done. Filling out reams of tedious paperwork, driving children places, grading papers, cleaning up messes, planning lessons, and so forth. I have been faithfully posting the 30 Days of Thankful on Facebook. It has helped a little.

Hopefully, I'll have time and energy to post more later.

No comments: