Friday, November 9, 2012

Note to Self

Note to self: don't pack your favorite red and white polka dot fleece pjs in the bottom of the winter clothes box. Chances are fall will be really busy and it might be mid-November before you have a chance to switch out the summer ones, and you will most likely get sick and want them before that time occurs.

Yes, I am sick. I wonder how many of my posts begin with illness? Yes, I am behind and overwhelmed. Again, I wonder, how many of my posts begin with or contain details about me being overwhelmed?

Between the hurricane and workdays, you'd think that I would be chipper and ahead of the game. Nope. Every time it seems like I am getting a handle on things, more things pop up that need to be handled immediately. The things that I was planning on doing, get pushed to the back burner and I get behind. Over the weekend, I developed what I thought was a cold. I had a high dry constant cough. I did every thing that you should for a cold. I rested, took zinc lozenges, and drank Emergen-C. I pushed through conferences. By the second day, I was feeling pretty wiped out. Yesterday, the kids came back to school, and I was feeling terrible. By the end of the day, I had lost my voice and my cough was sounding more congested. I made what I thought was the healthy decision and decided to go to the doctor.

It turns out that I have had a fever for a day and a half and have bronchitis. Apparently, my lungs are filled to the bottom. The doctor "tsk, tsked" me and co workers fussed, but I honestly didn't feel that sick, just tired. Now, I am on z pac and hoping that it doesn't tear up my stomach too much. I spent the day cuddling with Buffy and watching Dr. Who. Here's to better health.

No comments: